So I promised something big, and I finally finished the code part: a custom search engine for maps. I had been uploading all the PDF files into WordPress then manually making the map index pages. The problem was that I had to manually edit each of those pages when I added new ones.
Now those index pages just send a premade search, and I also made a page where you can specify which maps you’d like to see. It’s still ugly, but it IS functional. I will get to work on making the search and search result pages more attractive as well.
Most importantly I am very close to being able to concentrate more on the content rather than building the infrastructure. It’s a big deal to me anyways!